After much reflection the last few weeks and after listening to the following amazing bloggers on Periscope:
I have decided to come up with my word for 2016.
My word for 2016 is READY!!!
I like how the definition to the word “ready” mentions being “prepared mentally or physically for some experience or action”. It also mentions being “willing”.
Let me explain why I picked this word.
2015 was a very difficult year for me and my family. We started off the year with our family living in two different states, as my husband started his new job in MA, while I was taking care of my special needs son and getting our house ready to list in IN.
I didn’t think that I would be able to do this for six months, especially during the winter months and I think you all know the winter Boston had last year. There were a few weekends that my husband couldn’t even make it home. But I guess I never have enough faith in myself, because I got through it, we all did. Which goes to show me that I need to have more faith in myself and realize that my family is a lot more resilient then I think.
The move didn’t go off without any issues, however, I am thankful for my husband’s company for working with us. I am also very thankful for the wonderful people I have met along the way.
I feel that there was a reason that we chose our town and feel that we will have a wonderful life here, with caring friends and neighbors.
But then July 1st came! A day I will never forget!
I can still hear my sister’s voice telling me that my Mom passed away.
I can still remember exactly what I was doing, driving to my new house with my son, and missing the turn into my neighborhood.
I can still remember having to pull over because I found myself hyperventilating and being new to my surroundings thought it was safer to pull over and collect myself instead of continuing to drive.
I can still remember not knowing where any of my clothes were, so I can go home to my family to help with the arrangements, because it literally was the day after we moved in that I got the call.
Yes this has been a very difficult year! But I am ready on so many levels….
- READY to leave the pain, sorrow and emptiness that my Mom’s death brought me in 2015 behind, so I can appreciate and reminisce about all the wonderful memories that she brought me and my family. To live my life remembering the loving, amazing, beautiful, caring person that she was and not get buried down in the pain of her death. (I know she would have wanted it this way!)
- READY to start taking care of myself, because if there is one thing I did learn in 2015 my family will be fine if I am. (Again something I know my Mom would have wanted.)
- READY to take my blogging to a whole new level. To make my blogging a career that I can prosper from and not just do it for a hobby. I feel that I have the right tools, the right people on board and the right mindset now to take this to a new level and I’m excited. The first positive thing I did for myself for 2016, was to hire myself a “blogging coach”! I am so excited to see where it takes me.
- READY to start getting back to my faith, with the move and the craziness of my life, I have definitely put this on the back burner and I am ready to get it back. Not only for me but for my family.
- READY to slow down and enjoy all the beauty around me… my family, my siblings and nieces and nephews, my new home and my friends. If there is one thing this year taught me was to be grateful for the moment, grateful for time, grateful for life, and love and I want this to be my biggest focus for 2016.
- READY to get back to sanity. To not always have to feel unorganized, or not having a plan or not knowing where things are. This was my second positive thing I did for myself for 2016, I have hired a personal organizer to help me get my house organized (since of course there are still boxes thrown all over the place in my basement-that I just can not get my head wrapped around right now!)
So I would say that I am mentally and physically prepared and I am definitely willing to make a change.
Ready to bring happiness, money and health into my home!
What about you, what’s your word for 2016?