Who Am I?
When people ask me to share alittle about who I am, I share that:
I am an Award-Winning Down Syndrome Advocate, Speaker, Talk Show Co-Host, Author, Community Builder but my “real” job is Mom! The one I am MOST proud of!
I am native New Jerseyan living in the Boston area with my family. I am a mother to my amazingly determinedson Jacob diagnosed with Down syndrome, stepmother to my incredibly independent stepdaughter Amanda, and wife to my best friend and biggest cheerleader Paul. I have two awesome dogs Bella and Daisy!
What I Do?
So when asked what is it that I do? I share that:
I am passionate about educating society on the acceptance and inclusion for individuals with Down Syndrome. So people see their “capabilities“, not their disabilities.
How do I do this:
- Speaking at nonprofit events, schools, community events
- Co-hosting my Facebook Live Talk Show Down Right Capable
- Being a member of the National Down Syndrome Society Inclusive Education Task Force and being an NDSS DS-Ambassador, attending advocacy events
- Being a member of the Massachusetts Down Syndrome Congress Public Awareness Committee
- Vice-President, of family run nonprofit Special & Determined where we provide financial support to families of children with Down Syndrome so they can access early intervention and therapeutic services
- Community Builder -I love bringing moms together to help share our stories, provide support, resources and encouragement to each other. Through my private Facebook group “Moms of Down Syndrome” Moms come to have “real conversations” in a safe place.